25 November 2011

Stumble in the twilight


Exciting days on planet Earth. Not enough sleep, just not enough at all, but we use the spare minutes during rendering to lay on the black sofas with our eyes closed and listen to the quiet laughter of the rest in the studio.
I’ve had just weird dreams lately – whenever I have the time to sleep at all, and I always wake up too early, or get woken up by the phone – I just want to see the end of that one dream, to get to reply to that sentence, and keep on smiling next to the open fire.
On weeks like this I realise how much I miss travelling for the sake of going somewhere, but nowhere in particular. Just for the sake of exploring new places, and enjoy a little time off. I miss the views and the wind, the sun that didn’t really exist. I miss the rain pouring on me and Albi, and the ocean. The path to the castle that O randomly found, and how everyone was hiding in their homes. I miss the seals. I want to see them again.
I want to see so many things sometimes.
That dream I had, the one I want to live through, made me wake up full of expectations. So many people I am yet to see that I haven’t seen in too long time. So many background noises.

Back on this week.
Endlessly exhausted but laughing at the stupid jokes of the people around me at 8 pm, when we all just hope for a quick and painless end; Forever rendering and forever making mistakes, forever swearing in many languages. And when we get tired, when there’s nothing left to do, we start jumping around and dancing to Joy Division and Prince, and Oasis, and whatever they play next on the radio.
I miss the old studio. We would sit at the massive windows and watch the snowy nights in Glasgow town. We would be nearly afraid to go to the toilets, and would wear layer upon layer of clothes. And then, when we get kicked out at 9, we would storm our way through the quiet and dark Mac stairs, and pray no ghosts find us.

But now is too late for anything. All I need is sleep but sleeping I can’t do now. The music is on; the world tracks me down, and not too long it will be too early for bed again. 

No comments: