19 August 2013

21st century's yesterday

There are the things that make me happy and there are the things that don't. And then here is the middle ground with its blurred lines and issues that jump from one side to the other.

I often refer to July as my happiest 2013 month so far, and there are many reasons for that. I'd really want to name August a close second, and there are plenty of reasons for that as well. Of course, there are no new Editors - at least no newer Editors, but there is The Weight that is a very very good album and I love almost every second of it, and there are also the old Editors that are as good as always. There is my new room, the new flat, and the new people in it and outside. There are the midnight conversations that make my eyes shine, and the bus chats when we all laugh at ourselves for being stupid after 8 hours on our feet at work. Also INXS after Stevie and other wonderful people whose music I sometimes get to recognise between all the kids' crying and the people I try to avoid and not bump into.

Need You Tonight makes me a very happy girl. I don't think you need to explain yourself if Need You Tonight makes you happy.

No comments: