16 January 2011

There's not a problem that I can't fix

You know how much i love Glasgow, but 4 months of being at the same place got on my nerves. I didn't go back home for Christmas, I didn't get to see the sea, and this was really the only thing I actually miss in Burgas, friends and family excluded. And so, yesterday I took my wonderful new baby on a romantic trip to Ardrossan.
The smell, you know that specific smell of sea water - this is what chased me all around the town, and I loved every second of it. The cloud of rain that poured on me, and seagulls trying to resist upon the strong winds. Walking on the sand, and watching surfers (in January!) riding the waves. The empty streets, the castle on the hill; the amazing view from the top. And not a soul anywhere. Three hours of pure awesomeness.
Does this make me a bad person? That I always feel like I need to share those moments of smiles and looking for a place to hide from the rain, and when I end up doing things and going to places alone - it just feels right. Not good, but right - 'cause I can't really imagine anyone enjoying getting soaked to the bones in the first 15 minutes but still trying to find the way to the ruines up there.
In other weekly news: every night there will be a new story with good people, and too many film-related events (essay included).

No comments: