03 January 2011

Look at us through the lens of a camera

I really hated last year. It was full of amazing things that happened, but as Amy Macdonald points out in a favourite song of hers: "after the sun always comes the rain".
I met many new people. Some of them turned out to be among the greatest people I've ever met, the closest friends I'll ever have, some of them were just "that hot tall guy who kept on buying me wine until I realised it's better I went home". I got involved in a uni society (and I even managed to involve other people in it as well). I started feeling again. Most of you won't understand what I mean, but let's say locking your heart away to people is something you do to protect yourself when you lose someone close to you (don't make me start the story all over again). And so, I started feeling again. I went on my first Editors gig, and it was amazing. Editors were part of my emotional education. So were The Big Pink. I saw them live as well. Against all odds, I fell secretly in love with Dead Meadow (ignoring the band name).
I went on a great trip up north of Scotland, I never saw the pope in Glasgow, but I saw many other places, and many other things. I didn't take enough pictures.
I took part in actual protests, but was (probably) too short to fit in the shot.
I fell seriously ill for the first time in years (last time being that awful pneumonia when I was 8), and all ending up at my birthday-gathering-rather-than-actual-party.
For the first time in years I genuinely tried to be a better person not caring about consequences. I just wanted to make people around me even a bit happy.
For the first time ever I spent all major holidays, Easter, Christmas, New Year, all birthdays, away from my family, and somehow I don't regret even a second.
I really hated last year but those little moments that made me smile, I don't think I'll ever forget 2010 as the first full year that I spent abroad.
2011, your call. And this time make it better.

1 comment:

just_me said...

Cheers, to the girl who always deserves to see the sun after the rain... just because that`s the right order :)