01 December 2010

I want your extra time

Inventing new words to describe emotions before the presentations today. Making lists in my mind, things like [things i haven't done since saturday] or [all the reasons why I love snowflakes in my hair], or [things people loved in me today].
I also realised today how much time I've spent with Caroline in the studio the past week. As a matter of fact, there is rarely something cooler than being the last people in the Mac at 9 p.m. Maybe not that cool, but there's something creepy-ly funny and enjoyable about walking down the stairs and hearing the echo of your footsteps, and looking for ghosts around every corner.
What was cool, was us dancing (and partying) (like it's 1999); Lauren still not used to the way we roll those nights before a review, but she does make efforts and we appreciate them. And we make giant jumps from Prince to Prodigy, someone plays stupid r'n'b, then I invade the space with that Elbow song and sing at the top of my lungs. Then stand for minutes at the window revising those lyrics "from the rooftops I remember there was snow" in my mind.
We get locked in, and I burst into laughter as I notice the message I've received, while we wait for the janitor to show up and let us out.
And as much as I want to remember the three-people-review we had today, all I recall is the image of Patrick in my head as he reveals 'the mystery behind the black curtain'.

Coming up next: December journeys through time and space; there will be nothing better we could do than live forever and quote too many songs, too many films and too many dreams.

No comments: